Monday, April 20, 2009

Making That Connection

After doing a search on marketing for my small business, I primarily was given options for "internet" marketing. I'm finding that the marketing basics aren't encouraged as much any more. What if most of my potential clientele doesn't use the internet? For my business internet marketing isn't a viable option so I've had to go back to the basics and be creative.

Back to basic, of course, involved a little more leg work but I feel it has paid off and I fortunately I have the data that proves it. My business is located near a growing area with new subdivisions. I needed to find a way to really connect with potential consumers that recently moved in the the area.

My first task was welcoming them and introducing my business and how I can play a role in their getting settled to the new area. By providing helpful information such a listing of local services in the area and a nifty local area map, I was able to provide something free, tangible and hopefully helpful.

No comments: